1. Take a breath & DON'T FREAK OUT! It's hard not to scream,- but it NEVER really helps and you just feel guilty afterwards.
2. Remember what's most important: A calm, peaceful home and MOTHER are a sure way to have a happy home. A good friend taught me our homes should be a soft place to land (even after a vacation).
3. Recognize you can't catch up everything in one day. Your routines WILL help you catch up and after-all you really of the rest of your life to catch up don't you?
4. Every time you see a task that needs to be done - write it down. Get the work out of your brain and down on paper.5. Delegate - You don't have to do it all! Write down all your family members names on a piece of paper and divide up the tasks. Working together is one way to happiness in family life.
6. Say No to outside tasks until you get a chance to feel caught up. Remember - when you say YES to someone OUTSIDE of your family - you say NO to someone INSIDE your family.
7. Decide how long you are willing to work - set a timer and WORK HARD! It feels good to work hard and get things done! After the timer rings - take a REST!
8. Do something fun with your family! Enjoy REAL happiness - the rest can wait!